Printing on DVD/CDs
- Items to Prepare
- Attaching the CD-R Tray
- Removing the CD-R Tray
- Cautions When Printing on DVD/CDs
- Printing on the Label Side of DVD/CDs
- Printing with CD-LabelPrint from the Computer
The following items are needed to print on DVD/CDs:
- CD-R Tray
“G” is on the upper side.
- 8 cm CD-R Adapter
Needed only when printing on 8 cm DVD/CDs.
Attached to the CD-R Tray when shipped.
- Printable DVD/CDs
Obtain a 12 cm or 8 cm DVD/CD with a label surface compatible with inkjet printing.
A “printable disc” differs from regular DVD/CDs in that its label surface has been specially processed to be printed on by an inkjet printer.
- Do not attach the CD-R Tray until the message asking you to load the DVD/CD is displayed. Doing so can damage the printer.
1. Open the Paper Output Tray (A).
2. Make sure that the message asking you to load the DVD/CD is displayed, then open the Inner Cover (B).
3. Place the DVD/CD on the CD-R Tray.
- Make sure that there is no dirt on the CD-R Tray before placing a DVD/CD on the CD-R Tray.
- When placing a DVD/CD on the CD-R Tray, do not touch the printing surface of the disc or the reflectors (C) on the CD-R Tray.
- 12 cm DVD/CD:
(1) Place the disc on the CD-R Tray with the printable surface facing up.
- 8 cm DVD/CD:
(1) Align the protrusions on both edges of the 8 cm CD-R Adapter with indentations on the CD-R Tray.
(2) Place the 8 cm disc on the CD-R Tray with the printing surface facing up.
4. Attach the CD-R Tray to the printer.
- The CD-R Tray may be ejected after a specified period of time has elapsed. In this case, follow the on-screen instructions to attach the CD-R Tray.
5. Insert the CD-R Tray straight until the arrow ( ) on the Inner Cover is almost aligned with the arrow ( ) on the CD-R Tray.
(D) Keep the CD-R Tray level when inserting it.
(E) Align the arrow ( ) on the CD-R Tray with the arrow ( ) on the Inner Cover.
- Do not insert the CD-R Tray beyond the arrow ( ) on the Inner Cover.
1. Pull out the CD-R Tray.
2. Close the Inner Cover.
- If the Inner Cover is opened, you cannot print on paper as it will not feed properly. Make sure that the Inner Cover is closed.
3. Remove the DVD/CD from the CD-R Tray.
- Do not touch the printing surface when removing the disc from the CD-R Tray.
- Dry the printing surface sufficiently before removing the disc. If you see printing on the CD-R Tray or the transparent parts on inner or outer diameter of DVD/CD, wipe them off after the printing surface has dried.
- 12 cm DVD/CD:
(1) Remove the disc from the CD-R Tray.
8 cm DVD/CD:
(1) Remove the 8 cm CD-R Adapter from the CD-R Tray.
(2) Remove the 8 cm disc from the CD-R Tray.
- The CD-R Tray cannot be used if it becomes warped. Be sure to keep the CD-R Tray on a flat place.
- Be sure to use the CD-R Tray supplied with this printer. It has an “G” on the upper side.
- Do not print on DVD/CDs that are not compatible with ink-jet printing. The ink will not dry and may cause problems with the disc itself or devices which the disc is loaded onto.
- Do not print on the DVD/CDs’ recording surface. Doing so will make data recorded on DVD/CDs unreadable.
- Hold DVD/CDs by their edges. Do not touch either the label surface (printing surface) or recording surface.
- Remove any dirt from the CD-R Tray before placing DVD/CDs on the CD-R Tray. Loading discs in a dirty CD-R Tray may scratch the recording surface of the discs.
- After printing, allow the printing surface of the disc to dry naturally. Do not use hairdryers or expose the disc to direct sunlight to dry the ink. Do not touch the printing surface until the ink has dried.
- Do not attach the CD-R Tray while the printer is in operation.
- Do not remove the CD-R Tray while printing on DVD/CDs. Doing so may damage the printer, the CD-R Tray, or the disc.
- Do not get dirt or scratches on the reflectors of the CD-R Tray. The printer may not be able to recognize loading of the DVD/CD, or printing may become misaligned. If the reflectors on the CD-R Tray become dirty, wipe the reflector clean with a soft, dry cloth, taking care not to scratch the plate.
- The CD-R Tray may become dirty if software other than CD-LabelPrint or Easy-PhotoPrint EX is used.
- Always use the supplied 8 cm CD-R Adapter when printing on 8 cm DVD/CDs.
- Always close the Inner Cover after printing on DVD/CDs.
- To keep the print quality at an optimal level, it is recommended to stop printing discs once every ten discs when printing more than ten discs continuously. To stop the printing operation, detach the CD-R Tray from the printer, then close the Inner Cover. After approximately three minutes have elapsed, open the Inner Cover, attach the CD-R Tray to the printer, then resume printing.
The CD-R Tray (supplied) allows the printing of images on printable DVD/CDs.
CD-LabelPrint is bundled application software that allows you to edit and modify data before printing. Install it on your computer to use it.
- We recommend that you test print on an unneeded printable DVD/CD first.
- CD-LabelPrint is bundled application software that allows you to edit and modify data before printing. Install it on your computer to use it. To install this software, insert the Setup CD-ROM into the computer’s disc drive, then perform Custom Install and select CD-LabelPrint.
- For details on how to print with CD-LabelPrint, refer to its manual.
If you are using a Windows computer, click Start > All Programs (or Programs in Windows 2000) > CD-LabelPrint > Manual.
If you are using a Macintosh, open the Applications folder in the location where the MP Drivers have been installed > CD-LabelPrint folder > Manual folder > double-click Manual.htm.